In this episode, Antonia and Andrew discuss a selection of articles from the August 3, 2022 issue of JBJS, along with an added dose of entertainment and pop culture. Listen at the gym, on your commute, or whenever your case is on hold!
- Current Concepts Review. Current State of Platelet-Rich Plasma and Cell-Based Therapies for the Treatment of Osteoarthritis and Tendon and Ligament Injuries, by Su et al.
- What's Important: The Individualism Excuse and the Myth of Meritocracy in Orthopaedics, by Baird et al.
- Orthopaedic Forum: The Pioneering Women of Orthopaedic Surgery. A Historical Review, by Dib et al.
- Outcomes After Anatomic and Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty for the Treatment of Glenohumeral Osteoarthritis. A Propensity Score-Matched Analysis, by Kirsch et al.
- The Influence of Surgeon Sex on Adverse Events Following Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty. A Register-Based Study of 11,993 Procedures and 200 Surgeons in Swedish Public Hospitals, by Jolbäck et al.
- A Prospective, Longitudinal Study of the Influence of Obesity on Total Knee Arthroplasty Revision Rate. Results from the Australian Orthopaedic Association National Joint Replacement Registry, by Wall et al.
- Total Hip Arthroplasty Leads to Better Results After Low-Energy Displaced Femoral Neck Fracture in Patients Aged 55 to 70 Years. A Randomized Controlled Multicenter Trial Comparing Internal Fixation and Total Hip Arthroplasty, by Bartels et al.
- Development and Validation of Health-Related Quality of Life Measure in Older Children and Adolescents with Early Onset Scoliosis. Early Onset Scoliosis Self-Report Questionnaire (EOSQ-SELF), by Matsumoto et al.
- Exposure-Related Anxiety and Improving Patient Satisfaction with Medical Undergarments During Surgery. A Randomized Controlled Trial, by Jacofsky et al.
- Lateral Ulnar Collateral Ligament of the Elbow Joint. Reconsideration of Anatomy in Terms of Connection with Surrounding Fibrous Structures, by Fukai et al.
- Diagnostic Performance of Advanced Metal Artifact Reduction MRI for Periprosthetic Shoulder Infection, by Fritz et al.
- Periprosthetic Osteolysis as a Risk Factor for Revision After Total Ankle Arthroplasty. A Single-Center Experience of 250 Consecutive Cases, by Lee et al.
JBJS website: https://jbjs.org/issue.php
This episode is brought to you by JBJS Clinical Classroom.
- Basic Science
- Foot & Ankle
- Orthopaedic Essentials
- Sports Medicine