In this episode, Antonia and Andrew discuss a selection of articles from the June 15, 2022 issue of JBJS, along with an added dose of entertainment and pop culture. Listen at the gym, on your commute, or whenever your case is on hold!
- Modern External Ring Fixation Versus Internal Fixation for Treatment of Severe Open Tibial Fractures. A Randomized Clinical Trial (FIXIT Study), by O’Toole et al.
- Comparing the Risk of Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head Following Intra-Articular Corticosteroid and Hyaluronic Acid Injections, by Varady et al.
- Creation of a Total Hip Arthroplasty Patient-Specific Dislocation Risk Calculator, by Wyles et al.
- Long-Term Results and Failure Analysis of the Open Latarjet Procedure and Arthroscopic Bankart Repair in Adolescents, by Waltenspül et al.
- Pre-Arthritic/Kinematic Alignment In Fixed-Bearing Medial Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty Results in Return to Activity at Mean 10-Year Follow-up, by Plancher et al.
- Risk of Revision After Hip Fracture Fixation Using DePuy Synthes Trochanteric Fixation Nail or Trochanteric Fixation Nail Advanced. A Cohort Study of 7,979 Patients, by Goodnough et al.
- Mesenchymal Stem Cell Exosomes Promote Growth Plate Repair and Reduce Limb-Length Discrepancy in Young Rats, by Wong et al.
- A Statistical Shape Model-Based Analysis of Periacetabular Osteotomies. Technical Considerations to Achieve the Targeted Correction, by Kriechling et al.
JBJS website: https://jbjs.org/issue.php
This episode is brought to you by JBJS Clinical Classroom.
- Basic Science
- Sports Medicine