In this episode, Antonia and Andrew discuss a selection of articles from the March 16, 2022 issue of JBJS, along with an added dose of entertainment and pop culture. Listen at the gym, on your commute, or whenever your case is on hold!
- Trends of Obesity Rates Between Patients Undergoing Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty and the General Population from 2013 to 2020, by Muthusamy et al.
- Total Knee Arthroplasty Function at 25 Years Following Proximal Tibial Osteotomy. Paired Outcomes of Bilateral TKAs Following Unilateral Osteotomy, by Hevesi et al.
- The Impact of Femoral Component Cementation on Fracture and Mortality Risk in Elective Total Hip Arthroplasty. Analysis from a National Medicare Sample, by Edelstein et al.
- Feasibility of Machine Learning and Logistic Regression Algorithms to Predict Outcome in Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery, by Oosterhoff et al.
- Poor Agreement Between Next Generation DNA Sequencing and Bacterial Cultures in Orthopaedic Trauma Procedures, by Natoli et al.
- Tibial Tuberosity-Trochlear Groove Distance and Its Components in Patients with and without Episodic Patellar Dislocation. A Study of 781 Knees, by Chen et al.
- Intimate Partner Violence During Recovery from an Orthopaedic Injury. An Exploratory, Prospective, Multicenter, Observational Cohort Study, by Madden et al.
- Systematic Isolation of Key Parameters for Estimating Skeletal Maturity on Anteroposterior Wrist Radiographs, by Furdock et al.
JBJS website: https://jbjs.org/issue.php
This episode is brought to you by the Miller Review Course.
- Basic Science
- Orthopaedic Essentials