In this episode, Antonia and Andrew discuss a selection of articles from the March 2, 2022 issue of JBJS, along with an added dose of entertainment and pop culture. Listen at the gym, on your commute, or whenever your case is on hold!
- The Impact of Social Determinants of Health on 30 and 90-Day Readmission Rates After Spine Surgery, by Mohanty et al.
- Discrepancies in Work-Family Integration Between Female and Male Orthopaedic Surgeons, by Ponzio et al.
- Integrating the Combined Sagittal Index Reduces the Risk of Dislocation Following Total Hip Replacement, by Grammatopoulos et al.
- Factors Affecting the Risk of Aseptic Patellar Complications in Primary TKA Performed with Cemented All-Polyethylene Patellar Resurfacing, by Limberg et al.
- Oral and IV Antibiotic Administration After Single-Stage Revision Shoulder Arthroplasty. Study of Survivorship and Patient-Reported Outcomes in Patients without Clear Preoperative or Intraoperative Infection, by Yao et al.
- Novel Parathyroid Hormone-Based Bone Graft, KUR-113, in Treatment of Acute Open Tibial Shaft Fracture. A Phase-2 Randomized Controlled Trial, by Orbeanu et al.
- Prospective Randomized Trial of Continuous Passive Motion Versus Physical Therapy After Arthroscopic Release of Elbow Contracture, by O’Driscoll et al.
JBJS website: https://jbjs.org/issue.php
This episode is brought to you by the Miller Review Course.
- Orthopaedic Essentials