In this episode, Antonia and Andrew discuss a selection of articles from the April 6, 2022 issue of JBJS, along with an added dose of entertainment and pop culture. Listen at the gym, on your commute, or whenever your case is on hold!
- The 1-Year Economic Impact of Work Productivity Loss Following Severe Lower Extremity Trauma, by Levy et al.
- Aspirin Is an Effective Prophylaxis for Venous Thromboembolism in Ambulatory Patients with Femoral Neck Fracture Undergoing Hip Arthroplasty, by Chisari et al.
- Risk of Revision After Arthroplasty Associated with Specific Gene Loci. A Genomewide Association Study of Single-Nucleotide Polymorphisms in 1,130 Twins Treated with Arthroplasty, by Brüggemann et al.
- The Spillover Effect of the Medicare Mandatory Bundled Payment Program on Joint Replacement Outcomes. Analysis of Patients with Commercial Insurance and Medicare Advantage, by Kim et al.
- Percutaneous Screw Stabilization of Non-Periacetabular Pelvic Lesions Caused by Metastatic Cancer and Multiple Myeloma, by Yang et al.
- Predicting Patient Loss to Follow-up in the STABILITY 1 Study. A Multicenter, International, Randomized Controlled Trial of Young, Active Patients Undergoing ACL Reconstruction, by Firth et al.
- The Utility of a Novel Proximal Femur Maturity Index for Staging Skeletal Growth in Patients with Idiopathic Scoliosis, by Cheung et al.
- Conversion of the Sagittal Functional Safe Zone to the Coronal Plane Using a Mathematical Algorithm. The Reason for Failure of the Lewinnek Safe Zone, by Tang et al.
JBJS website: https://jbjs.org/issue.php
This episode is brought to you by the Miller Review Course.
- Basic Science
- Sports Medicine