In this episode, Antonia and Andrew discuss a selection of articles from the May 4, 2022 issue of JBJS, along with an added dose of entertainment and pop culture. Listen at the gym, on your commute, or whenever your case is on hold!
- Conditionally Essential Amino Acid Supplementation Reduces Postoperative Complications and Muscle Wasting After Fracture Fixation. A Randomized Controlled Trial, by Hendrickson et al.
- Patient and Surgeon Ratings of Patient Involvement in Decision-Making Are Not Aligned, by Alokozai et al.
- The Effect of Sex Hormone Deficiency on the Incidence of Rotator Cuff Repair. Analysis of a Large Insurance Database, by Smith et al.
- Acute Compartment Syndrome Modeling with Sequential Infusion Shows the Deep Posterior Compartment Is Not Functionally Discrete, by Schupbach et al.
- Osseous Morphological Differences in Knee Osteoarthritis, by Siddiqi et al.
- Combined Surgical Dislocation and Periacetabular Osteotomy for Complex Residual Legg-Calvé-Perthes Deformities. Intermediate-Term Outcomes, by Nepple et al.
- Taper Material Loss in Total Hip Replacements Is It Affected by Joint Friction?, by McCarty et al.
- The Long-Term Clinical Results of Total Talar Replacement at 10 Years or More After Surgery, by Morita et al.
JBJS website: https://jbjs.org/issue.php
This episode is brought to you by the Miller Review Course.
- Basic Science
- Orthopaedic Essentials
- Foot & Ankle