In this episode, Antonia and Andrew discuss a selection of articles from the February 2, 2022 issue of JBJS, along with an added dose of entertainment and pop culture. Listen at the gym, on your commute, or whenever your case is on hold!
- Is Discretionary Care Associated with Safety Among Medicare Beneficiaries Undergoing Spine Surgery?, by Ko et al.
- Sex Differences in End-Stage Ankle Arthritis and Following Total Ankle Replacement or Ankle Arthrodesis, by Dodd et al.
- Development and Internal Validation of Machine Learning Algorithms for Predicting Hyponatremia After TJA, by Kunze et al.
- Redefining the 3D Topography of the Acetabular Safe Zone. A Multivariable Study Evaluating Prosthetic Hip Stability, by Hevesi et al.
- National Trends in Post-Acute Care Costs Following Total Hip Arthroplasty from 2010 through 2018, by Serino et al.
- Halter Traction for the Treatment of Atlantoaxial Rotatory Fixation, by Yeung et al.
- An Epidemic Amidst a Pandemic: Musculoskeletal Firearm Injuries During the COVID-19 Pandemic, by Inclan et al.
- Epidemiology, Treatment, and Treatment Quality of Overriding Distal Metaphyseal Radial Fractures in Children and Adolescents, by Laaksonen et al.
JBJS website: https://jbjs.org/issue.php
This episode is brought to you by the Miller Review Course.
- Foot & Ankle