In this episode, Antonia and Andrew discuss a selection of articles from the October 19, 2022 issue of JBJS, along with an added dose of entertainment and pop culture. Listen at the gym, on your commute, or whenever your case is on hold!
- Large Database and Registry Research in Joint Arthroplasty and Orthopaedics, by Swiontkowski
Top of the Pile
- What's New in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, by Kim et al.
- An Organizational Approach to Addressing Racism in Orthopaedic Surgery. AOA Critical Issues Symposium, by Brooks et al.
- What’s Important: Alternative Advanced Dissection. Arts & Humanities, by Velicki
- Therapeutic Effects of Conservative Treatment with 2-Week Bed Rest for Osteoporotic Vertebral Fractures. A Prospective Cohort Study, by Funayama et al.
- The 12-Month Effects of the Trauma Collaborative Care Intervention. A Nonrandomized Controlled Trial, by the Major Extremity Trauma Research Consortium (METRC)
Your Case is On Hold
- Choose Wisely: Surgical Selection of Candidates for Outpatient Anterior Cervical Surgery Based on Early Complications Among Inpatients, by Carlson et al.
- Inconsistent Reporting of Preauthorization Medical Criteria for Osteochondral Allograft Transplantation Surgery, by Tabbbaa et al.
- The Efficacy of Bone Wax in Reduction of Perioperative Blood Loss in Total Hip Arthroplasty via Direct Anterior Approach. A Prospective Randomized Clinical Trial, by Mortazavi et al.
- Characterization of Genetic Risk of End-Stage Knee Osteoarthritis Treated with Total Knee Arthroplasty. A Genome-Wide Association Study, by Kulm et al.
- Preperitoneal Pelvic Packing Has a Greater Risk of Venous Thromboembolism Than Angioembolization. Management of Refractory Hypotension in Closed Pelvic Ring Injury, by Patterson et al.
JBJS website: https://jbjs.org/issue.php
This episode is brought to you by JBJS Clinical Classroom.
- Basic Science
- Orthopaedic Essentials
- Sports Medicine